Is Webroot Antivirus Good in 2020?
Looking for a new antivirus program? Today, we’ll discuss the peculiarities of Webroot Antivirus. This software has generally positive reviews. Yet, it hasn’t reached the popularity of giants like Bitdefender or Avast. Is Webroot good 2020 antivirus choice? Read the review to find out.
A general impression from the software
The first impression usually forms in the early stages, during the installation process, for example. Well, the lightweight software did great. The installation process is easy and the software doesn’t take many assets.
Unlike more widespread antivirus programs that require the latest versions of OS, this one works even with outdated Windows and Mac OS. That’s why it can be a great choice for Vista users.
After the installation, users see the user-friendly design and can get access t any feature using intuitive navigation.
Scanning and extra features
The software offers several scanning modes, namely:
- A quick scan;
- A full scan;
- A deep scan;
- A select scan.
They search for viruses, rootkits, Trojans, and other threats in files and folders of your choice. One can adjust the settings for extra convenience. The scanner also detects and deletes PUAs. It includes ads that come with applications, unnecessary tools that slow down the PC’s performance, etc. Everything potentially unwanted or harmful will be easily removed for better results.
Aside from scanning, the software uses other features for all-round protection. The main features Webroot Antivirus delivers are:
- Web protection comes as a separate utility a user adds to any browser like Chrome, Firefox, etc. Web Shielding Filtering is supposed to stop online threats and suspicious activities. However, it misses a lot of phishing sites and fails to detect some dangerous websites.
- USB protection shields the device from all possible threats that are stored on the USB devices. Keep in mind that very often, the devices won’t even work with infected files.
- Real-Time protection works all the time to block occurring threats or viruses. It enhances the device’s performance, minimizing the impact of antivirus on the system.
- Backup and synchronizing are convenient for storing the information one cannot afford to lose. The software gives 25 GB of space on a secure server. A user may pick which files or folders to store here for another layer of protection.
- A password manager keeps safe all the passwords a user has. One can use it across all devices for easy access from smartphones or tablets.
This antivirus costs $30 per year for one device. However, it offers licenses for up to three devices. When a user purchases a plan for more than one year, the cost will become even more affordable.
Free trial version
The official website offers users to install a free trial version and test the program for two weeks. 14 days should be enough to see if the software satisfies one’s demands.
Is there customer support?
Webroot doesn’t have live chat support. Instead, it offers ticker support. It’s fast and efficient, allowing customers to continue the dialog with a dedicated manager if needed. The site also has a knowledgebase and users’ forum for more information, tutorials, and videos related to the software.